Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year, New You

As the new year dawns, I decided to try something a little new. New-ish, shall we say. So much goes on in the every day, that I often forget what cute thing one child or the other has said or done. Hopefully now I can keep track, and find something to laugh about later. Or at least remind me why I love being a mommy when I feel like tearing my hair out.

At the end of the madness that was our Christmas celebration, our little family is left sick, tired, and amid a wreckage of cardboard and wrapping paper. So we went to the movies.

Jesse is back at work today, so I bundled up the kids and drug myself to a 9:55am showing of Tangled. It was wonderful! We met a friend and her daughter at the theater, even though they had seen it already. All three kids loved the movie, and to be honest I enjoyed it just as much!

So now, as I sit in a quiet house surveying the damage, er, blessings, of Christmas, I am extremely thankful for all of our blessings. Most of all, I am thankful for our little family.

No comments:

Post a Comment